Mallory got a Herbst today and it is awful!! The Dr. said that she will get used to it in about a week, but in the meantime her mouth and jaw will be very sore. The purpose of the appliance is to hold her jaw forward in order to encourage the bone to grow/fill in in the right place. This, along with braces on the top will correct her overbite. The pictures are not very good - there is a lot more metal in her mouth than you can tell by the pictures. The appliance protrudes quite a bit from her bottom teeth causing her cheeks to look like a chipmunk. She will have to eat soft foods for a week. I guess she can watch her friends enjoy the pizza at her birthday party.




3 comments:
OH sweet Mal! We are so sorry! Had I known you'd have to get that in your mouth when you got home, I would have gotten you a $100 gift card to Sonic so that you could have fun drinks all the time!
Jo and Mark
Mal,
Anne Marie and I are sorry for your discomfort, if we were there, we'd make you milkshakes!!! Hang in there, sweetheart!!!
-Aunt Deb and Anmer
Isn't Jodi full of great ideas!!! We hope your mouth feels better soon! Love, Aunt Julie
Post a Comment