Friday, September 19, 2008

Language Arts Review

For anyone (JODI) who may have forgotten this concept, here it is:

HOMOPHONE: noun; a word that sounds the same as another but has a different meaning and often a different spelling. Example: maid and made.

Just joking you, little Jo, I will be calling later to see if Abby Kate has learned this new word:)
And, just for the record, I couldn't remember if it was homophone or homonym that meant "sounds the same, but is different". So, we now know that homonym is like "mean and mean"- same word, two different meanings! ie: I don't mean to be mean to you, Jodi!!
I love you all, sisters!!
-Deb

3 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Isn't there a Veggie Tales Silly Song that can teach Jodi about this?

JKCDJ Families said...

Yep

JKCDJ Families said...

hey! i'm too busy painting fingernails in cool ways to know about this word stuff!
jo