Monday, November 3, 2008

Latest Happenings

Thomas is listening intently to the farmer talk about bees and corn! We went to Sharps farm for a hayride, corn picking (still on the stem, they were to use as popcorn kernels) and of course, our pumpkins (which we got to pick from the field!)
Brrrrr, it was a chilly day!!!

Hmmmmmmmm........future bee keeper??
We also got to enjoy a cornfield maze.







B & O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, we went with our neighbors (and fellow homeschoolers), this picture was in the "roundhouse". It was "Free Fall Day", and it was fun!!





Our church helps with the "Elizabeth House", a soup kitchen. Our job was to make 50 sack lunches and get dinner started. After dinner is served each night, the people who eat there are handed a sack lunch as they leave, we're told some eat their "lunch" right after they walk out the door.
Just as a side note, we are SO enjoying this blog, it REALLY helps us feel closer to all of you. I have been feeling especially blessed and just in love with all of you lately- call it extreme thankfulness!!! Most especially my sisters, sometimes I feel OVERWHELMED with gratitude and thankfulness and the deepest love for you, you four are truly my dearest friends, my "kindred spirits"!!!!!



3 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

I am sitting here in my shorts looking at you all in hats and gloves! Love that Texas weather!!

Kelly

JKCDJ Families said...

Deb, you are so special to all of us, and I'm glad this blog has worked out to keep us connected. Thanks for the update. Jake will love the bee photo! Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

What great family activities! I treasure my sisters as well- we are so blessed!
Jo