Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mallory's Birthday Party



Mallory had a great birthday party last night! We started by going to Second Mile Mission to help sort the canned goods in the warehouse. You can kind of see the big cardboard box behind the girls that was totally filled with canned goods. Tim created a system and we sorted the entire box in about an hour and a half.
Here the girls are inside the now empty box!

Mallory requested that the girls donate her presents to a child her age at Second Mile.

On the way home from Second Mile, I called in our pizza order because I knew that the delivery time would be very long. I was thinking that it would work out great until I got home and called in my coupon code. They told me that they did not have an order for me at all. After Tim talked to the manager for a while, getting nowhere, we loaded everyone up and went to Chilis! It was better than pizza anyway!
We had the best time with Dry Ice experiments! Below you can see some of our bubble work. You put dry ice and water in the bowl and then take a soapy washcloth and create a soap film over the top of the bowl. It was fun to watch the bubble grow and pop, and then the smoke would come billowing out.
Tim was our chief "Mad Scientist". We felt like it was a success since only one child got burned. She touched it just to see what would happen!
Their feet were black from being barefoot - so we washed together in the tub!
Games before bed.






Here are some videos of our dry ice fun.......























3 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

What a wonderful, memorable celebration. We love you, Mal!!! Lane, Julie, Luke and Jake

JKCDJ Families said...

That looks like a great party! I'm proud of your giving heart Mal!
Jo

JKCDJ Families said...

Mal,
I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday!!! We love you and are so proud of you!
-Deb & family