Sunday, August 31, 2008

A tribute to Jodi from Kelly

What is wrong with this picture?

Nice!
Jodi certainly deserves this fine tribute. She was such a source of delight on our trip.
When we went to the grocery store our first day in Florida, we saw a huge scale. Jodi and I both decided to weigh ourselves. Jodi, at 7 months pregnant, weighed the same as I did. This, of course, was quite horrifying for her as she is not used to seeing a number over 100 pounds.
Days later, after Jo had so lovingly taken many Smith family pictures, we were climbing the stairs that led up from the beach. As Jodi got to the top, huffing and puffing, she said to me,
"How do you climb stairs at your weight?"
It was quite possibly the funniest thing I have heard in quite a while. We laughed for days! A few family members got tired of us repeating the story, but Jo and I never tired of it!
Jo - as you finish your last two months of pregnancy and exceed my hefty weight, I certainly hope that you will be able to climb any stairs that you encounter. I feel quite certain that if I were to gain a pound or two that I would have to take the escalator!

No comments: