Mallory has been having chest pain with exertion for years. Last year she had a couple of heart tests that came out fine. We did a test today to see if she has exercise induced bronchoconstriction. She had to run around the doctor's office this morning at 7:30. After running hard for 10 minutes without a break, she did a breathing test. Her numbers were great. We were thinking that she had no problem with her breathing. She then took the medication through a nebulizer and retook the test. Her small airways improved 43 percent after the medication. She is now supposed to use the inhaler before she plays soccer or is planning to exercise heavily.





2 comments:
Dear Mal,
Ten minutes without stopping! I'm not sure I could do that. I'm glad you are okay, and I hope the new inhaler isn't too much of a pain. I miss you! Love, Aunt Julie
I'm glad you figured out the problem so that now you can run with no pain!
Jo
Post a Comment