Monday, September 22, 2008

stained hands!

I must need science teacher lessons from Deb because we went to the park today and I was trying to be a good science teacher and let the kids explore, but now we will have a reminder of the day for days to come. They picked up this- I guess you call it fruit- from the ground in the park- it looked like a circular lime. It was growing on the tree and looked safe enough. I let them crack it open and they dug the seed out with their hands. Their hands have been stained for 7 hours now- a dark brown that will NOT come off! I would take a picture, but the girls are soaking in the tub for about an hour to try to get the stains of their hands!
Jo

2 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Perhaps you should stick with proven experiments from a book!

JKCDJ Families said...

Here's what you do, go back and get the "fruit" and put it in a ziplock bag. THEN, go straight to your nearest encyclopedia (I think you can find one online)- research the mystery fruit and voila- you have not only taught your girls a new species of "fruit", but you have taught them research methods as well!!!!!!!!!!!! (How was that for a run-on sentence:)
-Deb-Daar