Friday, May 28, 2010

Gardening 101

We have started our first garden ever, YEAH!!! One of our nice neighbors offered to till our garden plot, God has really blessed us with many kind neighbors!
There are four sections, I planted tomato plants, eggplant seeds, pumpkin and watermelon seeds. Anmer planted corn, red peppers and pumpkin seeds. Andrew planted carrots and corn. Sweet T planted cucumber plants (for pickling) and he named each one! Also on T's plot are canteloupe (the neighbor that tilled for us gave us the canteloupe seeds:), and potatoes!!
Each of the kids got to pick out their plants/seeds, and Andrew also chose a lemon tree!
Andrew was a HUGE help with putting in the rods, and measuring and sectioning off each plot with string- we had fun together!



Okay, I sometimes get overly excited about my food, and when I fixed this DELICIOUS plate of saltines, spicy red pepper hummus and perfectly ripe avacado, I just had to brag on myself- Anmer said that I should blog my creation! I would have GLADLY made you a plate, too, Mom and Cheri!!! Do I have any other sisters with the same taste??

4 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Deb, I can't wait to watch your garden grow via the blog! Yes, I would love some of the avacado treat!!! I love you! Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

I would totally eat that! and all the veggies in your garden!!!
jo

JKCDJ Families said...

Yummmy!!! bad choice to check the blog before lunch...I love the garden and want pics as soon as the first seedling comes up!!! did you know to plant the corn 2 rows at a time
Cheri

Thomas, if I were you, I would really name them, too! What are their names?
Faith

JKCDJ Families said...

I wish I could have been there for field day!

I will be there when the garden is harvested. It looks like a great family project! Have fun this weekend!

Love,
Your Lainie