Happy first day of summer, and happy Father's Day to Corbin and all of my wonderful brother-in-laws, and Grandpa Fitz! Although most of you probably are familiar with the "scientific" reason behind the changes of the seasons, I always need a refresher, so here's a link you can enjoy, plus this diagram!
I saw the wheat harvest beginning across the road, so I (and AM, A & T) walked across the road, and was blessed to meet a kind woman, who owns the land across from our house-600 acres of wheat, and told us a little about how she and her husband harvest. Soybeans will be planted next, what fun to watch this land change, and produce crops, all the while so beautiful to enjoy with our eyes!!
6 comments:
That is AWESOME, Thomas!!! you did a great job swimming!1 (I hear you had a good teacher, right A.M.?!)
Andrew- the kite flying was great! We've never had a kit fly that high before!
Deb- love the info on SUMMER! I would love to stay out late tonight...it's 2:43pm and I want a nap, though!
love ya,
Cheri
WAY TO GO T! And you all have the perfect yard for kite flying! Thanks for the education Deb, but that was a little over my head! :)
jo
Wow! Loved the science lesson, kite-flying, swimming and harvesting. What fun times! Aunt Julie
I love that you live by cows, horses and working farms! and thanks for the new look for the blog!
jodi
Great post! It is fun that we got to see the wheat growing and being harvested.
Just have to say this - it is brothers-in-law, not brother-in-laws. Way to show restraint and not mention it, Julie.
K
Yes, thanks, Deb- for the new summer look on the blog! and I love the farming info...I will remember our "picture" in my head of when we were riding our bikes and it was evening, and the beautiful golden wheat fields!!!!
love you!
Cheri
Post a Comment