.JPG)
What SHOULD NOT be in this picture?
.JPG)
Okay, here's the story. Yesterday I made a nice dinner - chef salad with full chicken breasts sliced on top, egg, celery, cauliflower, radishes, cheese, the full meal deal. I also peeled oranges and served Lane's favorite potato salad. Well, during dinner I got up to get something and Lane asked, "Do we have any hot pockets?" I looked at him with
incredulity! "How can you possibly ask for something else after I sliced all of these vegetables..." And I CRIED!!! AND, I told him if he was going to be that thoughtless the least he could do was go to the freezer and get the hot pocket himself. He said..."Well, you were up!" So I cried some more. Anyway, he said he was sorry and thanks for the great meal, etc. Fast forward a few hours, and Lane comes in from the garage and says, "I can't find the hot pockets." I said, "You are KIDDING!" There's an entire box right there. So he starts looking in the kitchen freezer insisting I'm wrong. So I tell him I'll show him but only if he does a bunch of things for me that I want done. He agrees, and I march out there and he calls the boys to come. (We have a standing joke that I have magical powers because when those three can't find something I always find it in two seconds.) So Lane tells the boys that I'm going to use my magical powers to find the hot pockets. Well, we're all four out in the garage, I fling open the door, and say "THERE! The hot pockets are right THERE! How could you miss that?" Luke says, "Where, right there?" Then Luke points to the DUCK HEAD hanging out of the bag next to the hot pockets, and I scream like a lunatic! They die laughing!!! The entire point of the hot pocket saga was to get me to go to the freezer and see the frozen duck that Lane and Jake brought home from their hunting trip!!!! I laughed and told them they got me! Lane said he was waiting all day for a call at school after I found the duck! Thankfully, I never went to the freezer during the day. Still, can you believe he let me cry during dinner??? Luke said he was trying to end the joke at dinner, but Lane and Jake insisted it go on. Jake and Lane shot their first ducks over the weekend while at a ranch near Coleman with a friend. They cleaned those ducks and brought the meat home in bags to cook later. This duck was used to trick me - now they'll give it to Chuck, our friend who owns the ranch, so he can use it to train his dog! (It was all Chuck's idea to scare me, so they called Chuck and told him all about it!) I have to admit, we all got a great laugh.
5 comments:
That is HYSTERICAL! I wish I were a fly on the wall!
jo
That is so very funny! Sweet Luke for wanting to end the joke when his mom started crying!
We are on day 3 of chef's salad for lunch this week!
K
That is a good story...although I was sad for you, picturing all your hard work, and wondering why they- LANE- wanted more!!!! I wonder what else you'll find in your fridge as the years go on!!!
Cheri
Julie, no I cannot believe you were so tortured after preparing that great meal. However this story really should be published! I love you all and thank you for my great Elvis cd collection. I'll make sure Lane gets to hear the entire 4 cds!!!!!!! Love, Lainie
That duck looked quite comfortable in the freezer.
It's like a cool loft.
Post a Comment