Testing Day at Yesha Ministries Tae Kwon Do!!Friday. eve there was a banquet, and Anne Marie received the Student of the Quarter medal for the "white belt/white advanced" class. We are so proud of her hard work!!

We tested 2-4 people at a time, Anmer, Corbin and I were the very first ones called- a little nerve wrecking, but I think we did good:) Master Martin would call out a move, and we were judged by 3 judges on our form/technique (Luke and Jake know EXACTLY how we felt!), and at the end, we did our "form", which was called "Poomse Kibon"- you can see this on the videos at the end of the blog.
I can't remember exactly, but this is probably a side kick!
We earned our "white advanced" belt- a white belt with a black stripe in the center, it was A LOT of hard work and even more fun to do as a family!!

This is a little blurry, but just to show you- our instructor is the lady on the left, she and her daughter teach us, Master Martin is the oriental man, and Grand Master Coker is the older man- both very friendly and accomplished in this sport.
My dear friend Johanna came to visit- we have been friends since we were stationed in Pensacola (about 3 years ago)- she is a very sweet and sincere christian sister, and has 3 adorable daughters. We really enjoyed catching up and spending time together, she lives in Mississippi and I am so thankful for our friendship!!
Sweet T really wanted someone to rollerblade with him, and Friday was such a beautiful day- Johanna volunteered and did GREAT skating with Thomas!
Johanna's brother and his children visited with us for a while, and the kids enjoyed a tractor hay ride with Anne Marie:0-)
Sweet baby Annabella
Isabella and Clarissa are precious girls, and had fun building a zoo, or was it a jungle? with Thomas.

We tested 2-4 people at a time, Anmer, Corbin and I were the very first ones called- a little nerve wrecking, but I think we did good:) Master Martin would call out a move, and we were judged by 3 judges on our form/technique (Luke and Jake know EXACTLY how we felt!), and at the end, we did our "form", which was called "Poomse Kibon"- you can see this on the videos at the end of the blog.
I can't remember exactly, but this is probably a side kick!
We earned our "white advanced" belt- a white belt with a black stripe in the center, it was A LOT of hard work and even more fun to do as a family!!
This is a little blurry, but just to show you- our instructor is the lady on the left, she and her daughter teach us, Master Martin is the oriental man, and Grand Master Coker is the older man- both very friendly and accomplished in this sport.
My dear friend Johanna came to visit- we have been friends since we were stationed in Pensacola (about 3 years ago)- she is a very sweet and sincere christian sister, and has 3 adorable daughters. We really enjoyed catching up and spending time together, she lives in Mississippi and I am so thankful for our friendship!!
Sweet T really wanted someone to rollerblade with him, and Friday was such a beautiful day- Johanna volunteered and did GREAT skating with Thomas!
Johanna's brother and his children visited with us for a while, and the kids enjoyed a tractor hay ride with Anne Marie:0-)
Sweet baby Annabella
Isabella and Clarissa are precious girls, and had fun building a zoo, or was it a jungle? with Thomas.





5 comments:
Deb, HOW COOL! I am so proud of you guys...and what a wonderful family experience! I just love TKD! Julie
It is so very cool that you all do that as a family. I am very impressed with you all!
K
how did i not know your family was doing that???? that is so awesome!
jo
Debbie, these pictures are great! Talk about one cool family! =) What a fun, special activity to do as a family and you all look like naturals. =) Thank you also for calling!!! Savannah couldn't believe Miss Debbie called to tell her what a great job she did on mama's hair. You made her day!! Hugs to you all, love & prayers! ~ Sheri
I loved the pics and video!!! What a neat thing to do as a family. I would rollerblade with T anyday!!!
Cheri
Post a Comment