Thursday, June 24, 2010

Smith's visit- Hawaiian Falls

We went to Hawaiian Falls yesterday- a waterpark near our house.
So we walk in, find a place to put our stuff in the shade, and there is a waterslide right there, next to the picnic table we found....so we thought, let's just do this one first, it's right here...we go up..and the closer we get to the top (Mason, Mal, and me - Aunt Chew)- we are thinking..what is this all about. You get into these tubes, they close you in they with a key, shut the door (I, Cheri, am watching Mason & Mal go first, thinking " Oh my!") then there is a count down..3..2..1..and the bottom drops out from under you- if you look, you are in a standing postition, and you're standing on this floor, which just opens up and down you go! YES, I went down after them (although I inhaled a lot of water going down).
The infamous picture under the water mushroom!
These slides were good...here is Faith...
Aunt Kelly, who was very intrumental
(as in the one )in getting Hannah to go down 3 different slides for the first time..she (Hannah) was very hesitant many times...but Aunt Kel got her going (there was some prodding, literally, which she needed!)
Mason & Mal....
The colors look really good as do the people in this pic...it was a pretty day..
Thanks for joining us, Smiths!
The Wave Pool
A little picnic...Deb, your picnics still rule!

6 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Oh man! That waterpark looks like a blast! We should have come! Jo

JKCDJ Families said...

We had so much fun with the Nienstadts! I have to say, I felt so sorry for Cheri and M&M. They were headed up the stairs to that dreadful ride and could not see what they were in for. I, on the other hand, could see the entire thing from the bottom. (Of course I would have gone too- but someone had to stay with Faith and Hannah.....You believe that--right??). Anyway, I wish you could have seen all three faces when the doors closed!

K

JKCDJ Families said...

What a COOL waterpark! Love, Aunt Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

I wish I could have been there!
Love ak

JKCDJ Families said...

I wish I could have been there!

JKCDJ Families said...
This comment has been removed by the author.