Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Soccer and Tuesday Lunch


4 of these "Little Bears" go to our church.


Abby Kate really holds her own with these girls!

Not to brag, but Shelby is the team's star player!


The "Lady Pumas"

The girls and I serve lunch to the community just about every Tuesday. It's usually in one huge table, but we are now meeting in the youth building while our church is under construction. Below are the girls serving a lady with my friends Laura and Julie.




The man in the white shirt in front of the girls is John- he goes to our church and is probably in his 60's. One of our interpreters asked if I was his wife!!! I won't let him live that down! I tell everyone that it was a big compliment for him, not so much for me! He laughs every time!

4 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing with your girls! They will grow up knowing that serving is so important. Abby Kate and Shelbs - we are so very proud of you!!

T, K, M, & M

JKCDJ Families said...

What a wonderful family tradition! Ju

Anne Marie said...

I am so proud of you girls playing so well on your soccer teams--and for serving others! I can't wait to see you next week! ~

JKCDJ Families said...

Faith says she wishes she were there! What great training for the girls, having servant hearts at such a young age!

love,
Cheri