We are so very proud of the young man that Mason has already become, and we know that this time of blessing will help him to continue to focus on godly character as he grows.
Here is Mason with each of the adults that gave him a blessing:

We were all blessed to be able to have this time at the Onsteads property near Navasota. For the blessing time, chairs were set up around the property, and Mason and Jonathan went individually to each adult. It was kind of like a journey to manhood for them. We don't have a picture of Eric and Mason since Eric was the photographer, but Eric talked to Mason about using his talents in ministry to God.
Here is Amy talking to Mason about the importance of prayer as he continues to mature in his relationship with the Lord.
Jenny shared thoughts about wisdom with Mason.
Mason heard from Tim on the topic of being a godly influence on others.
After the individual blessings, the six of us came together for prayer.
When we finished outside, we came inside and Mason and Jonathan each spoke words of encouragement to the younger children. Mason talked about the scripture that says not to let anyone look down on you because you are young. He encouraged them to use their talents for God even at a young age.
Words cannot express how thankful we are for these families that walk this path with us!
Chad, Samuel, and Ben Onstead
Megan, Ben, Maddie, and Mei Lynn Fridge
Jonathan, Justin, Jared, and Lauren Park
Megan, Ben, Maddie, and Mei Lynn Fridge
Jonathan, Justin, Jared, and Lauren ParkThe Nerf wars on the third floor (where all the boys slept) were action packed and lots of fun!





The Fridge/Smith team battled hard (but lost) to the Onstead/Park team in a fierce water gun fight.



We are thankful for our wonderful friends!
I thought I was pretty smart in getting the hose..........until Mason eventually wrestled it away from me!


We fished, and then we fished, and then we fished some more. Tim said tonight that he thinks he took 50 fish off of hooks this weekend. That was just him! All the dads (and a couple of the moms) took many off also!

Check out that whopper I hooked!



Lauren, Ben, and Mei Lynn liked to "pet" the fish before we threw them back in.
Charlie got one a little larger than the rest of us!
Eric, our amazing photographer, got some great shots of everyone.
One activitiy had us using pipe cleaners to make things that represented our families.
We fished, and then we fished, and then we fished some more. Tim said tonight that he thinks he took 50 fish off of hooks this weekend. That was just him! All the dads (and a couple of the moms) took many off also!
Check out that whopper I hooked!

Lauren, Ben, and Mei Lynn liked to "pet" the fish before we threw them back in.
Charlie got one a little larger than the rest of us!
One activitiy had us using pipe cleaners to make things that represented our families.

5 comments:
Wow! That looked like an incredible weekend...in so many ways! What a neat tradition you all are beginning...with special families. The pictures tell a great story..love, friendship, laughter, adventure, creativity, and most importantly, GOD!
love, Cheri
Well, I must ditto what Cheri said, and I was on the verge of crying as I read about the blessings- how wonderful and unforgettable!!!
-Deb
Wow, what an incredible, rich time for you all...and I must say, I wish I was there for the Nerf War! Can't wait to see you all in 6 days!!!
What a SPECIAL tradition. We are also very proud of Mason and the young man he is becoming! LJLJ
What a precious memory and tradition! Thanks for the example!
Jo
Post a Comment