Sunday, October 25, 2009

Living History

I read about this in the local newspaper, we went on Saturday (it was about 40 minutes away) and enjoyed gorgeous weather!!
I stopped to talk to this man, he asked if I'd like him to read a particular passage, just off the top of my head I said," Psalm 1 is good", so he read it and then said that Psalm 91 was particularly good for the soldiers for encouragement, I stayed and listened to him read it. You'll see him on the battlefield in the video.
I thought this was kinda neat- that these are still sold, probably to the women walking around in the dresses with the big hoop skirts (hoops were sold, too:), there was a ball scheduled for that evening.


Below is one of the cannons they used in the reenactment.
It was very loud, but fun to watch.

"Now, which side is winning??"
At first, Thomas wasn't so sure with the loud cannons firing, but eventually, he got down to the ground and watched in the front of the crowd.

Okay, this last one I took specifically for Cheri-isn't this beautiful countryside?!

3 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

That is so very cool! What a great field trip!!

K

JKCDJ Families said...

i would love to see that in real life! and i love thomas's longer hair!
jo

JKCDJ Families said...

Very, very neat! Aunt Julie