Sunday, August 16, 2009

First few wonderful days in Colorado!

Mark changing our blown out tire on the trailer 90 miles into our trip! What a handy guy I have!The cows came RUNNING over and MOOing to see what we were doing on the highway.Mesa Verde- these cliff homes of the Pueblo Indians were AMAZING!
This was sweet Toby much of the time we were hiking. We were gone 10 hours today and he didn't fuss AT ALL! He is the best baby!
The girls down in a Kiva- underground home in the mountain.


We were on a guided tour of the Long House.


I was having a good hair day Tim!

This was at the Mesa Verde Visitor Center. The sign said there were about 10 of these in the national park we were in and typically I am not a scardy cat (get it? :) ), but I did look around me several times when I heard a noise on the trail. The only thing the info said if you saw one was to respect it's space- What about MY space?
Downtown Durango
I think these horses are just to look at, but the girls BEGGED us to sit on them!

5 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Jo, what an awesome pictorial review there. We're so happy that your family is sharing this amazing time together. Love, Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

I love this post!! Keep them coming! It looks like you are having a wonderful family trip.

K

Anne Marie said...

I LOVE all of the pics, especially the animals ...need I say more! OKAY I LVOE the pics of the girls (and Jo and the Toaster) on the Ponies! Love ya'll!

-AM

JKCDJ Families said...

Great pictures, Jo!!! it's beautiul there, along with a beautiful family! Faith says,"Wow, that must have been fun!"
love you all,
Cheri

sweet toby, what a trooper!
yes, a good hair day, too!

JKCDJ Families said...

MMM-mmmm-MMM that is some mighty nice hair. A "great hair day" even to your standards, Jo. Have fun - be safe.

T