Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Fun Trip To See The Cobbs!

We had a super time this past week with our friends the Cobbs! We met them at their lake house in Oklahoma, and it was a fun, relaxing trip.

The "Summer Fun" cake was quite yummy!

Hannah, Bethany, Makensie, and Mallory made us a wonderful pancake breakfast. They did the entire meal on their own. Tim ate his pancakes the Cobb way: granola in the pancake and peanut butter spread on top. Well, the Cobbs actually put whipped cream on top of that, but Tim thought they were perfect without it. I especially enjoyed the blueberry pancakes!

We rode the short ride to Lake Tenkiller on the Mule. M & M both had fun driving it.
Our days on the boat were a blast!

Tubing was a favorite for the kids. Mr. David gave them quite a ride. They bounced around quite a bit and learned quickly to hold on tight.


David and Carenda built this firepit in their backyard. The smores were great!

Okay, the pictures and video will not do this justice. You have to just trust me here; this was a HIGH CLIFF!! We feel quite certain it was at least 25 feet high. But.....if you are standing at the top and looking down, you think it is about 100 feet! There is not a picture of me here, but rest assured that I did jump....twice. If you looked over the edge, or even thought about it, you would chicken out. When Makensie said, "Come on, Mrs. Kelly, let's jump together," what could I do but say yes?? YIKES!! It really hurt when you hit the water, so you had to make sure your arms were down and you went in as straight as possible. The kids jumped many times, but Tim and I felt like twice was good enough for us!



Here they go.......

Thank you, David, Carenda, Hannah, Bethany, and Makensie for a wonderful time. We love and miss you all very much!

(Mallory has not posted yet, but I saved one of our "creature" adventures for her to post on her blog. Be sure to check it tomorrow!)

4 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

That looks like it was so much fun! That cliff jumping is impressive kel! I can see that you are trying to equal my rope swinging talent! Seriously though, I was just thinking about all of our posts with friends and we are so very blessed with wonderful friends (and sisters of course!)
Jo

JKCDJ Families said...

WOW! So many exciting adventures! Julie

Anne Marie said...

WOW WHAT FUN! I LOVE the video!

JKCDJ Families said...

it looks like you had a wonderful time with wonderful people! I don't know if I would have done the cliff- not brave enough!
love you,
Cheri