Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sean Hannity Freedom Concert

Last night we went to the Sean Hannity Freedom Concert. A friend of ours won the tickets on the radio and was not able to use them, so he gave them to us. Thanks, Doug! The Freedom Alliance was started by Colonel Oliver North to provide college scholarships for children of soldiers who were wounded or killed in the line of duty. Oliver North was there and talked a little about this great organization. It was a fun, patriotic night.



We had lawn tickets, so we took blankets so sit on and cards to play with while we waited.



These videos are very poor quality, but it gives you an idea of the night. (This post is mostly for Jodi who wanted to see glimpses of the concert.)

Lee Greenwood was the first performer, and the crowd loved "God Bless the USA"!!





Sean Hannity was fun and had plenty of liberal jokes, even though he kept saying that this was not a night for politics.


Rick Perry spoke for a few minutes and rallied the proud Texans who made up the audience.




Hannity was right when he said he was a terrible singer! He did his best to sing "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" with Charlie Daniels.



Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison also spoke. I would have liked to have been with the Senator and the Governor backstage since they are having heated issues about the upcoming governor's race.


Michael W. Smith sang "Above All." It was great to hear a song with the lyrics, "Crucified, laid behind a stone. You lived to die, rejected and alone. Like a rose, trampled on the ground. You took the fall, and thought of me, above all." The crowd was full of Christians who appreciated this song. Of course, he also sang "Friends are Friends Forever."



Billy Ray Cyrus was the last performer. Yikes! We decided we could not take it anymore after he had sung "Burning Down the Trailer Park", "Where am I Going to Live When I Get Home " (a classic about how his wife has thrown out all his stuff when he returns home from doing who knows what), and "Thrillbilly." I will say that he is a patriotic American who was bold about mentioning that he loves the Lord. You decide from there.....


It was a great night - Don't you just feel like saying, "God Bless America!!"

3 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

I would have LOVED to have been there! I think I'll go find my Bible and look up verses about envy and contentment!
:) Jo

JKCDJ Families said...

What a wonderful memory for M&M! Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

Michael W.Smith! I would have loved to see him! That is neat about the scholarships.. looked like a fun family night...
Cheri