Monday, September 21, 2009

Pine Springs Celebration

This is Pine Springs Church Camp, where Luke has been a camper every summer since 4th grade, and Lane has taught for 12 years! Jake has also attended for years, either as Lane's "helper" or as a camper. Next year he can go to "High Teen Week" with Luke.
Hummingbirds outside our cabin.
I have a picture on my fridge of Jake when he was 3 or 4 years old wearing a shirt with a picture of Boon on it (Boon was the camp dog). At the time I took the photo, Jake was taking a nap using Boon as a pillow. This is the same dog, Boon, who came back with his owners to visit the camp during the camp's 50th birthday party - the reason for our visit. Now Boon is napping on Jake!
Church camp is Luke's all-time favorite activity. The singing is AMAZING. I was moved to tears during the devotionals this past weekend, listening to my boys sing their hearts out with the mountains as a backdrop. It doesn't get much better than that!

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Yay! First to comment :). Looks like ya'll had some fun! And you will have to come & see our hummingbirds! :)

JKCDJ Families said...

Church camp was the best- I have great memories of Ne-O-Tez!
The dog story is great! Sweet jake and his love of dogs!
jo

JKCDJ Families said...

Looks like you had a good time. Did they sing Happy Birthday to you and Lane?
K

JKCDJ Families said...

Those are great pictures Jules...a very pretty place...What precious memories for your boys!!!

JKCDJ Families said...

that was from me, Cheri!

JKCDJ Families said...

What a blessing for your family to have such special memories of church camp. I hope Jake becomes a vet- he is so loving with animals! Thanks for telling us all about your weekend!
-Deb Daar