Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Anniversary and "Too Cute" T

Better late, than never.....we had a great time celebrating our 15th anniversary in Nashville. The Opryland Hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas, and it was a great weekend of walking, talking, sight seeing, and eating good food!!
Notice the waterfall behind us.

These are just some of the lights hanging from the ceiling, I'm not sure what the off season decor is, but the Christmas season has very festive decorations all over the hotel.

I couldn't get the video to blog, but in the evenings, there are 2 or three "performances" of this fountain show, with christmas music accompanying it. It was neat!


Nativity scene near the parking lots, the bible below is at the beginning of this sidewalk.
I really wanted to go into Franklin, a town about 1/2 hour outside of Nashville. I have read some articles about the quaint downtown area (thought I may see one of the Chapmans walking around...just joking, but I believe Steven Curtis Chapman lives in Franklin:)
One of the hotel staff recommended "The Factory", it was an old building with lots of novelty shops, we walked around a bit. I saw a sign for "Show Hope"- it was the office for the Chapman's adoption service/program, it was upstairs and I wasn't sure if it was affiliated with the Chapmans until I looked it up when I got home.
This polar bear kitchen was set up near the entrance of The Factory.
We didn't know until we saw these characters, but the weekend we went was the event "A Dickens of a Christmas" in downtown Franklin. It was fun to see all of the characters from "A Christmas Carol", and others walking around in clothes from the movie setting. I did purchase a tall (about up to my shoulders) wooden snowman to put outside my house, there were lots of craft vendors and neat shops to look at.



A little out of order, but here's the "Too Cute" T from the post title, he really likes to give the horses "sweet feed"- it's like candy for horses, and when you shake the bucket with the feed in it, they both will look up and come straight to you!
More from downtown Franklin, below are the mean Scrooge- the one in the suit, and yes, he did say "Bah, humbug!!" The "reformed" Scrooge is in his pajamas.

4 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

I want a weekend alone with my hubby- what fun!
that horse's head is about the size of all of T!
jo

JKCDJ Families said...

Deb, what a WONDERFUL memory you made!!! Julie

Mallory said...

Mom and I enjoyed seeing the pics of your trip!

Mom said to say that she will call you on Christmas.

K

JKCDJ Families said...

I love all the pics!!! So glad you got the weekend away...I esp. love the ones of T and the horses...too cute!!!!!!
Cheri