Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Sugar Land

We had a great Christmas! We started with stockings around 8:00.



After a traditional Christmas breakfast of Tim's banana pecan waffles, bacon, and pineapple, Mason and Mallory went on a scavenger hunt for their big gifts that were not wrapped. Mason got a backpacking backpack.




Mallory got a rifle. She was saving up for one, so this was a nice surprise for her.




Mal made mom this decorative pillowcase.

Tim was quite excited about his Springfield XD subcompact handgun.

After these gifts, we headed out to give away some blankets, food and water to people in need. It was quite interesting that this year we ended up giving it to some people who had a pit bull with them. Don't worry, see the picture above? Tim was armed and ready.


Our next stop was the shooting range. Mal really liked her 22 and she was a great shot.

Tim was glad to be able to shoot his gun just hours after opening it.



I had a picture on here of me shooting, but I deleted it for fear of the comments it would bring. Mason shot some clays with his shotgun. Actually, Mason and Tim shot all four guns we now own. I hardly believe I can say that.


We got home around 3:00 and opened a few more gifts. Christmas dinner was at 4:30. It looked a lot like Thanksgiving dinner! After dinner we opened the rest of the gifts and sat down to watch a new Tim Hawkins comedy DVD. It was so very funny! We are going to end the night with Miracle on 34th Street.


Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!


4 comments:

JKCDJ Families said...

Fun idea, hiding the big presents!!! Julie

JKCDJ Families said...

sounds like a perfect day!
by the way, you smiths have a lot of guns....
jo

Anne Marie said...

That sounds like so much fun! The rifles are really cool and I think the scavenger hunt must have added a lot of fun to the day!

JKCDJ Families said...

Looks like a full, fun day....I enjoy all the pictures!
Cheri