This is her presenting in the General Assembly.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Youth and Government
Mallory had her Youth and Government District meeting yesterday. She did a fantastic job! Her experience was pretty much opposite of Mason's. Her bill was first on the docket for the committee portion, so she got to present it in full. These video clips are of her giving her opening statements in committee. Her committee only had one other person from our group, and the other groups tend to be quite a bit more liberal. Her bill did not pass. The vote was 10-9. However, her bill was chosen to be presented in the General Assembly! She was first there also, and she did an amazing job in presenting it. It passed 17-13. At the end they named 7 Distinguished Delegates, and Mallory was one of them. Although the State meeting is usually for High School only, they decided to invite the Middle School Distinguished Delegates to present at State. Although we are not planning to attend State this year, this was quite a compliment for Mal.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's very impressive! Congrats,
Mal! Aunt Julie
Man, she looks grown up! Wish I could have been there to hear it all!
jo
So neat!!! I love your hair too!
I'm proud of you, Mal!!! I would have loved to see you present. You looked very distinguished!
love,
Cheri
Post a Comment